Strange because Key West is generally a live-and-let-live place - open to creativity, individual expression, and freedom from conformity. Yet Truman Annex goes the other way, at least according to their "Rules and Regulations." From children to curtains, holiday decorations to eating an ice cream on the sidewalk, Truman Annex has rules.
Upon reading the Truman Annex Master Property Associations rules (posted on the http://www.tampoa.com/ website), I couldn't help but think about the movie "The Truman Show" and it's striking similarity to Truman Annex. That film is set in a community that is completely controlled and fabricated, albeit for the benefit of a "reality" TV show.
Here a few of the Rules and Regulations for Truman Annex:
- Children shall not be permitted to play on sidewalks or other Common Areas and shall be supervised by their parents at all times. (also, "Playing shall not be permitted in any of the lobbies, hallways, stairways, elevators and lobby areas and loud noises will not be tolerated.")
- No towels, clothing, linens, rugs, etc. shall be hung from balcony rails, windows or doors.
- (Pet) leashes are to be no longer than six (6) feet in length.
- All personal items, including but not limited to bicycles and patio furniture, are likewise to be kept in an orderly and maintained fashion as to not cause a visual nuisance.
- Holiday decorations are allow during the month of December only and such decorations must be approved by the Association. Approved decorations include: conservatively installed non-blinking small white lights, limited red bows and pine garland, and a conservative wreath
- The Association may retain a pass-key to all Units.
- Food and beverages may not be consumed on the Common Properties, except in connection with approved uses of the Commercial Property, or as other wise approved by the Board or the Master Association. No barbecuing shall be permitted on the Common Properties.
- Curtains and drapes (or linings thereof) which face on exterior windows or glass doors of Units shall be subject to disapproval by the Board, in which case they shall be removed and replaced with acceptable items.
Like this post? Let us know: