Once this winter tourist season is over, North Roosevelt Blvd, the main route that Old Town residents and visitors use to leave the island, will be closed for outbound traffic during its reconstruction by the Florida DOT.
Between the entrance to Key West and Eisenhower drive, traffic will only be allowed inbound (meaning heading West). Outbound (meaning heading East) traffic will be rerouted to Flagler Avenue and South Roosevelt Boulevard.
The new traffic pattern will begin in April or May of this year and last two years.
Planned upgrades for the project include:
- Reconstruction of 4 lanes with a middle turn lane from Eisenhower Drive to US1
- New Seawall
- New Drainage System
- New sidewalk along business side
- New signalization (mast arms) at eight locations
- New lighting
- New signing and pavement markings
- New landscaping within the promenade
Here is a map of the upcoming traffic pattern.
And here is what a typical section will look like when complete.
Like this post? Let us know: